Preston based freelance web developer working with SME's
Passionate web developer with over 10 years experience.
A programmer at heart since discovering Sinclair Basic on my ZX Spectrum back in the 80s. Although I never dreamt that this could lead to a career in web development.
In the infancy of the web, all the way back in 1999 whilst studying for a degree in Business Information systems, I took an optional module in web development. I was instantly hooked and knew this was the career path I wanted to follow.
After graduating from university and working in a number of web based roles, I landed a senior developer role with Motionlab in Preston and over time was promoted to Head of Technology. Working with a group of talented people my skills grew to the point where it made sense to make the leap and start working for myself.
If I'm not building web sites, then after 25+ years, I'm still playing on my SNES. Technology may have moved forward, but trust me, the original Super Mario Kart is still the one.
- Head of Technology at MotionLab May 2015 - September 2017
- Senior Developer at MotionLab September 2010 - May 2015
- Software Developer at AMA Dataset August 2007 - September 2010
- IT Support and Web Developer at Roadferry Ltd February 2003 - August 2007
- Business Information Systems Bsc 2:1 at Liverpool John Moores University September 1997 - May 2002
- Kirby CMS
- Cake PHP
- Bespoke CMS
- Front End Development
- Back End Development
- Mario Kart SNES